Thursday 25 February 2016

Super Simple: UPDATED Banana Pancakes


A while ago I posted a recipe for my easy, three ingredient banana pancakes. Sadly, that recipe included eggs as one of the few vital ingredients and seeing as I'm now a proud tree-hugging vegan... That particular ingredient isn't really in my good books!

I've been scouring the internet for another easy, effective and tasty recipe to replace my last and with a few tweaks I think I've successfully filled the large banana pancake shaped hole that was left in my Sunday morning routine.

Ingredients:
For one person
Rolled oats - 3/4 cup (105g)
Ripe banana (the spottier and browner the better) - 1 medium/large
Almond milk - 1/4 cup (56 ml)
Cinnamon - 2 tbs

Optional mixture additions:
Blueberries
Coco powder
Coconut or Brown sugar (depending on ripeness of bananas)


1. Put your oats in a blender and blitz to make a fine oat flour.
2. Tear your bananas into small pieces and put in to the blender
3. Add a little milk at a time and blend frequently. Your mixture should be the consistency of slightly runny porridge (oatmeal) or a very thick smoothie.

Tip: Make sure your mix isn't too liquidy as it will be much harder to flip. If you do add too much liquid just add some extra oats.

Toppings:
- Jam
- Maple syrup
- Nut Butters
- Berries
- Dairy free yoghurt (coconut works really well)
- Chocolate spread  or  make your own by mixing one tablespoon maple syrup to one teaspoon cocoa powder.

Enjoy!

- Lola - 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? x